"Come visit me in Haiti" is kind of like saying "I want a pony for my birthday".
So imagine my surprise when two of my [++heart++] friends informed me that they were coming. To visit me. In Haiti! Yaaaaaay! I was so excited, I couldn't sleep the two nights before they arrived. I haven't been that excited since Christmas Eve circa 1991.
Stacey and Laura arrived with an air of good humor and enthusiasm for loafing and it was so so strange to see them in my house, sitting on my sofa, getting a drink from the fridge as if it were totally normal to be in Haiti. To visit me.
 |
| Katharine indoctrinating Laura to the good life in Haiti. |
 |
| Stacey accepts Haitian seafood into her heart. |
They hung out by the pool and drove around town with a six-fingered man while I counted down the minutes to my work day. We went on a HASH and listened to RAM at the Oloffson and brewed beer. It was AwESomE.
No comments:
Post a Comment