I'm in France for a month to learn French since that is now a job equirement. Feels kind of silly to write about life in France on this blog so I think I'll take a little blogging break. Unless something outrageous happens. Like I get hospitalized for a cheese overdose.
Today was my first day of class.
I like both my teachers.
This keyboard is infuriating.
Two different people made comments about PNG being dangerous when I said where I lived: one because of"diseases" and the other because of, uhm, animals. I just nodded.
Last night I watched the Brasil v Chile match in the basement of one of the school buildings because I couldn't find a bar that was playing it. Apparently most people in Rambouillet take the 30 min train to Paris to watch the matches. I was joined by a German, a Colombian, an American; three Koreans, and a man of indeterminate European origin. It was pretty quiet...no obvious language to cheer in...
ReplyDeleteEuropean keyboards are crazytown, huh? I hope you are having a lovely time!! Mmmm, cheese...
ReplyDeleteLast weekend I took an early train to rainy Paris and then another train through valleys and wheat fields and past village after village to Beaune. There, I received a warm welcome from the numerous restauranteurs and Burgundy wine sellers, all happy to see me and my pocket book. I ate, I walked through 12th C. foundations and sampled wines, and I ate some more. I really enjoyed being able to wander aimlessly through the cobbled streets and not have to worry about, well, anything!
ReplyDeleteI've changed my morning diet from 1/3 of a baguette with butter and a cappuccino to 1/2 a baguette with butter and honey and two cappuccinos.
ReplyDeleteyou are in my version of heaven my friend xo
ReplyDelete