Monday, August 23, 2010

On a Clear Day



I just got home and am standing on my terrace overlooking a large valley and mountains on my left and a huge lake and the mountain border with the Dominican Republic in front of me.  I live in the narrowest part of this country that still surprises me with its smallness.  It's a wonder to be able to see the ocean from my bathroom window and the DR from the other side of my house. This is a special evening because this scenery is usually covered in haze (which is why I have no photographs for you yet).  Today there are even big cumulus nimbus clouds catching the setting sun - I didn't realize until now that the haze usually makes them indistinct, too.  The gaudy sunsets from my balcony in Papua New Guinea have been replaced by something more expansive and less dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment